Yala Peak (5550 m) is one of the popular and easiest Himalayan climbing peaks in the Langtang region, located between the border of Nepal and Tibet, separated by a ridge.
With some prior outdoor trek skills, anyone with little experience in trekking can easily climb the peak. In some places, axes are required to ordinate, but nothing too dangerous or risky.
Yala Peak Climbing is a perfect site to adore the beautiful Himalayan ranges covered with snow throughout the horizon as well as experience the thrill to be on the top of the summit of Nepal Himalayas.
The peak climbing also offers great magnificent views of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Naya Kanga Peak, Ganchenpo, and Shishapangma, etc.
First, we head to the Yala peak base camp from Kathmandu by driving to Syabrubesi followed by a trek up the valley for 5 days. Kyanjin Gompa is located below Langtang Lirung (7246m). This site serves as an acclimatization place and we performed a three-day hike within the surroundings in order to adapt ourselves to the weather.
On our way, we explore the Langshisha glacier and establish a high camp at 4800 m. This high camp is our resting site before ascending to the summit.
After reaching Yala Peak, we will take you back to Syabrubesi or Gosainkund by trekking to Helambu. Trekkers can also choose to make for Langtang Ganja La pass after climbing the Yala Peak.
Peak Climbing Highlights
- Graded class F (easy) on the Alpine Grading System
- Langtang village - the biggest Tamangs settlement rich in Tibetan culture
- Panoramic view of Langtang Lirung, Shisha Pangma, Naya Kanga, Yala peak, Dorje Lakpa, and so on
- Traditions, culture, and hospitality of Tamang and Gurung community
- The habitat of endangered species - Red Panda
- Walking through lush rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, monasteries
Each of our services includes the maps of trekking location, hygienic high altitude freshly cooked food, experienced professional Sherpas and guides, efficient logistics, arranged arrival and departure transfers, well-acquainted accommodation, and tours to the city of Kathmandu.