If you have few days to spare and make the most out of it, then spend those days embracing some of the wonderful places of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India.
Day Tours/Trips in Nepal are mostly about exploring the cultural heritage sites, witnessing the magnificent Himalayas in the backdrop, getting insights of arts, lifestyle, culture and traditions.
What makes day tours different from trekking is the approach we take on our journey. i.e we rather move from point A to B in a comfortable vehicle, explore the places, and spend more time understanding the object of concern. The tour is not limited to a few days but can be added or subtracted as per your preference.
Sightseeing UNESCO World heritage sites in Kathmandu valley like Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, Patan Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar square and activities like jungle safari, short hike to popular tourist destinations, and cities like Lumbini, Pokhara, Bandipur, Chitwan, Kathmandu, Paro, Thimpu, Lhasa, are the strong candidate for day tours.
Multiple day trips to these places, lets you witness the lifestyle and cultural traditions of Buddhists as well as Hindus. Even though Nepal is renowned mainly for its top mountains and extensive trekking, day tour packages let you witness the beauty of Nepal in depth.
Adrenaline-pumping adventure activities like paragliding, bungee jumping can be combined in a single day on your tour as add-ons.
Namobuddha, Chandragiri, sightseeing in Pokhara, exploring Manakamana, etc are other day tours worth exploring. If you have less time and still want to see some of the rare animals (one-horned Rhino), a visit to the central zoo in Kathmandu may fulfill your desire.
Hill stations near Kathmandu like Nagarkot or Panauti are another most sought-after and memorable way to enjoy a day or couple in the outskirts of Kathmandu. The sunrise and sunset from Nagarkot with the backdrop of majestic Himalayas is something that will definitely enjoy.
You will also get an acute sense of peace, thanks to the serene environment and captivating beauty of the region.
Highlights of Day Tours Packages
- See some of the tallest snowcapped peaks from Nagarkot along with spectacular sunrise and sunset views.
- UNESCO protected heritage sites in Kathmandu, Tibet, and their unique architecture.
- The Phewa lake, Begnas lake, Davis falls, Sarangkot of Pokhara.
- Jungle/Jeep Safari in Chitwan National Park.
- Visit Culturally and Religiously significant sites like the enriching Manakamana.
- Thrilling additional activities like Paragliding, Bungee jumping, rafting that makes you feel more alive.
- Hike to the beautiful Changunarayan and other naturally blessed spots like Chitlang, Nuwakot near Kathmandu.
- You can choose the birthplace of Lord Buddha- the founder of Buddhism and explore its aspects like the Mayadevi temple garden, etc.
Bhutan, Tibet and India also share similar aspects but distinct in terms of geography, topography, and cultures.
Probable Best Season
Best seasons for day tours differ depending upon where you actually decide to spend your time. Due to heavy rain and unpredictable weather, summer and monsoon seasons are not the best.
If your tour is about natural exploration and sightseeing of mountains, we recommend Spring and Autumn. End days of Autumn season and early Winter, early Spring best fit if you are traveling lower parts of Nepal i.e. Terai like Lumbini, Chitwan, etc.
Check out our well-crafted packages for more information. Contact us without hesitation if you have queries or want to customize. We are always here to help you travel to your heart's content.